Sunday, December 17, 2017

Favorite Things 2017



So guys. In 2012 I started a tradition here on the blog to post my favorite things of the past year. Taking a clue from Oprah and such. But it appears I forgot to do one last year! WHAT WAS I THINKING? I had so many favorite things from 2016!!!

And so now this post will be things from both years... 2016 and 2017. And you know what that means right? Because what HIT ME HARD these two years???? Sigh. Let's just jump into it...

(P.S. I love looking back at past years and looking at my favorite things of 2015 just cracks me up now. Like... did I have any idea what was about to happen in my life? NONE??? Not even a clue!!! Ah, but things are so much more fun now!)

And so I give you favorite things from 2016 AND 2017:



I think number one in my list will have to be Drama Fever and Viki and V Live.... all the places were I get my Korean fix (besides YouTube of course.) Two drama sites, and one where kpop stars jump on whenever they feel like it and talk live with fans. Among other things. All three provide endless hours of entertainment...that two years later I'm not tired of yet.





And all these things make a person want to learn a new language of course. Pretty much the hardest language in the world. (I actually saw a list.. and it was listed as such... I'm not just saying it!) But there are some ways to do this... and so far the one I'm using the most is called Mango Languages. It's technically a data base that you can access from your library... and it has every thing... even Pirate!




I have love hate relationship with a YouTube Channel called 1theK... it shows pretty much every new release from the kpop world, which makes me realize there is no way to keep up. But it's a good place to see what's going on. But, I hate that they take views away from the official channels of the artists. So, there's that too. Love hate.




Sangi came and introduced us to Shin Ramyun. It's so much better than the Top Ramen stuff. Believe me on that.



I'm in love with my new (ish) phone that lets me do anything I want on it at the moment! YES!! (Well, except texting is still hard. Whatever.)

My favorite conferences and conventions of the past like Comic Con and LTUE and such have been replaced by a convention we call KCON. I feel like I'm with my people here SO MUCH MORE than any conference/convention I've been to before. It's amazing. And KCON has concerts... two of them... with dozens of bands. And more than dozens of beautiful kpop idols.




Suddenly simple beads are a favorite thing. And suddenly my wrists feel naked with out these simple cheap beads on them. It's a weird phenomenon.


Light sticks.. basically a very very expensive fancy custom flashlight.. are favorite things. Though I only own one at the moment. Maybe more are in my future.




I'm surprised this one isn't on any past lists, but Airbnb... guys. We don't travel without it anymore. Hardly do we do hotels anymore... but only Airbnb. It's awesome.

Oh, and we discovered kpop fries from a local restaurant called Bumblebees. LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!



Well, and usually I list some favorite shows/music and or people... but that's so hard to do now! (Though you can be looking for a top ten songs list coming soon!) AH!!!! There's too much! But I will just end with a few random pictures of some new favorite people since I last did this list two years ago! Enjoy!!!

Lee Jinki

Choi Minho

Kim Seokjin

Park Hyungsik

Jung Taekwoon

Lee Hyukjae and Kim Jongwoon

Super Junior

Lee Minhyuk

Park Jimin

Lee Hongbin

What are some of your favorite things of this past year?

4 comments:

  1. I linked over to your favorites from 2015 to and had to laugh. This list looks a lot different. But change is good. One of these days your going to have to bring us all to Bumblebees to get these yummy looking fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Bumblebees until that's what I threw up on Thursday. :( I know it's not their fault but it's going to be a while before I can eat there again. I have this thing about not eating things I throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with most of these things/people (if only I were as cool as you!), but I'm glad you've found some fun favorites over the last two years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Viki as well because it's a really great website that allows me to legally watch a ton of Kdramas but I have a few issues with Dramafever since it isn't as user friendly as Viki, the subtitles are also generally better on Viki and the site is borderline unusable without Dramafever premium which is just makes me dislike the site and it's why I'm still refusing to get premium at the moment. The two dramas that I liked the most that aired in 2017 and I watched in 2017 are While You Were Sleeping and Because This is My First Life and my favorite dramas I watched in 2017 but didn't air this year are W: Two Worlds, Dream High, School 2013, Witch's Romance and White Christmas. I'm also curious about which dramas stood out to you the most this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails